History and Vision
The combined efforts of Drs. John Peloso, Corey Miller and Patrick Worden have rapidly grown the practice over the last decade. The central theme behind the expansion of their hospital, since opening in 2003, is addressing the specialized needs of the equine patient. Florida’s 3 billion dollar equine industry varies from pleasure horses, intensively trained show horses and impeccable breeding operations to some of the fastest race horses in the country. With that in mind, the hospital has been staffed with veterinarians capable of providing care to each of the equine disciplines.
Within the practice, specific equine responsibilities are directed to veterinarians specializing in that particular problem area. We believe that this personalized care has played a major role in our rapid and early success with clients in Marion County and surrounding areas.
To be the premier equine specialty hospital in Central Florida by providing unparalleled patient care and sophisticated service.
Our reputation stems from unwavering commitment to excellence, both in the care of horses and in our relationship with clients and community.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Service. Service is the cornerstone of EMCO. We strive to exceed the expectations of our clients as we care for their horses. The energy expended towards going the extra mile will define our commitment to our clients and their goals.
- Respect. We have the utmost respect for our clients, their horses, and our coworkers as if they are members of our family. We form lasting partnerships and friendships with those we serve.
- Communication. Exceptional communication is the centerpiece of all positive outcomes. Effective communication among team members and education of our clients will enhance patient well-being and client service.
- Excellence. At EMCO, our standards of excellence will define the quality of personalized care we provide for horses and our relationships with clients and the community.
- Trust. We will gain our clients’ trust and confidence because honesty and integrity guides all our actions. Our clients will know our caring commitment to the health of horses.
- Innovation. We will strive to continuously improve patient care and our clients’ successes by investing in state- of-the-art technology that leads to accurate diagnosis and successful treatment.